[sumo-user] Is it possible to use detectors for pedestrian presence on crosswalks?

Hi,

I am trying to set up an intersection simulation with E2 detectors in vehicular lanes. I would also like to place to detectors on the crosswalks to see when either pedestrians or vehicles are crossing the crosswalk. However, since the E2 definitions are based on lane ids, it appears to me that that they may not work, or perhaps needs modifications.

image.png

I did try using negative distance while generating E2 detection locations to make them appear on the crosswalks, but based on creating a netstate-dump, it does not look like pedestrians who are on a certain crosswalk are triggering those detectors.

Since I am new to SUMO, I wanted to check if anyone has suggestions on how to implement detections along the crosswalk (inside the junction). I am basically looking for some occupancy-based detection which can be mode-agnostic.

Thanks!

Aditya

Back to the top