Re: [sumo-user] A question about traci.vehicle.setSignals

Hello,
setting these signals has no effect on traffic. They are set by the simulation to indicate turns and lane-change desire but it does not work the other way around.
To trigger a lanechange, use traci.vehicle.changeLane (this will also cause other vehicles to adapt their speed cooperatively).
regards,
Jakob

Dear SUMO users,

I used traci.vehicle.setSignals.

I found that when some cars had "VEH_SIGNAL_BLINKER_LEFT”,  The cars on their left lane had no reaction to the signal.

My question is, are those signals of the vehicle only visual, or they have some effect on the traffic?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Kailin