Re: [sumo-user] collision and teleporting vehicle

There are three "appropriate" ways to model this type of situation and also "inappropriate" ones.
Which of the following did you use?
1) one of the lanes does not have a connection to the next edge (vehicles are forced to change lanes to continue)
2) junction type 'zipper'. vehicles perform zipper-merging
3) two connections from the same edge to the same target lane where one connection has priority over the other one

Actually, all of these should be collision free but the action-step extension is still quite new so there could be a bug.
An inappropriate way to model the situation would be with two connections that are in conflict but without a priority order.
If you are using one of the first three, please send me the scenario so I can determine the source of the problem.

regards,
Jakob

Dear SUMO users

I have a question about collision and teleporting vehicles in simulation.

Actually, I decoupled the decision interval from the simulation step length.

step-length 0.1s / action-step-length 1s

After that, I have a lot of collision and teleporting vehicles at the connection points from a link with two lanes to a link with one lane. Before, I had no collision and teleporting vehicles.

In order to solve the situation, I tried several things.

First, I changed the shape of junction, for example, little large and long in net file.
Second, in config file, I added command line.
<collision.mingap-factor value="0"/>
Third, for <vType>, I changed tau (reaction time) from default to 2s.. and I reduced traffic flow 10~20%..

But still I have 5 ~10 teleporting vehicles because of collision.

I wonder if there is any way to avoid the situation..

I am looking forward to your help. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Sunghyun Jang