[sumo-user] Editing Request for SUMO-Wiki: Revise Sumolympics Tutorial

Dear all,

I am currently trying to get into the SUMO world and therefore I work through the tutorials.

I would like to fix some issues in the wikipage for this example:

Ø  check lane width (default width for bikelanes and pedestrian lanes are smaller than the assumed identical lane width of 3.2m, which lead to the scenario, that cars outrun the bikes, as only two bikes fit on one stretch of lane)

Ø  Update Python script

o   Attribute departPos is now placed somewhere else than previously

o   I also suggest an enhancement for the pedestrians, which enables them to walk the whole end-edge:

[…]

arrivalPos = 100.

[…]

    xml_string += '        <walk edges="%s %s" arrivalPos="%f"/>\n' % (startEdge, endEdge, arrivalPos)

[…]

Ø  For troubleshooting reasons I would add:

check connections in netedit (I had troubles with the pedestrian lanes)

Kind regards,

Ina

--

Fraunhofer-Institut für Verkehrs- und Infrastruktursysteme IVI

Dipl.-Ing. Ina Partzsch, Gruppe "Verkehrssystemdaten"

Zeunerstr. 38, 01069 Dresden

Tel.: +49 (0) 351 4640-631, Fax: +49 (0) 351 4640-803

mailto:ina.partzsch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.ivi.fraunhofer.de