Re: [sumo-user] How to configure a simulation to obtain the same results in two different runs ?

Hello all,
Thanks for all the replies so far ...
The strange thing is that using the SAME controller, and running the simulation twice, I'm getting different responses ... I am now using the following flags:
--random-depart-offset 0 --max-depart-delay 0 --step-length 0.1
My next try is to use --seed 0 and see what happens ...
My only remaining suspicion is, on the line of Michael Behrisch suggestion, that my TraCI program is a multi-threaded program ... this MIGHT explain the differences in simulation results, depending on possible threading schedules being different in each simulation run, resulting in a different decision. This is the kind of differences I am finding:

Run #1 (--tripinfo-output)
id depart departDelay arrival arrivalSpeed duration timeLoss waitSteps
0 0 0 17.9 13.84 17.9 3.46 0
2 2 0 32.8 13.76 30.8 3.79 0
3 3 0 18.3 13.86 15.3 3.38 0
5 5 0 35.7 13.89 30.7 3.3 0
8 8 0 38.9 13.77 30.9 3.53 0
9 9 0 42.4 13.77 33.4 3.5 0
18 18 0 49 13.89 31 3.61 0
19 19 0 36.9 13.84 17.9 3.45 0
22 22 0 39.9 13.89 17.9 3.4 0
27 27 0 64.2 13.87 37.2 10.24 13
30 30 0 58.6 13.83 28.6 4.82 0
34 34 0 67.8 13.78 33.8 7.42 0
40 40 0 75.7 13.85 35.7 6.84 0
43 43 0 76.4 13.8 33.4 3.46 0
50 50.1 0.1 65.5 13.78 15.4 3.51 0
52 52 0 92 13.87 40 14.08 49
54 54 0 87.3 13.78 33.3 8.43 5
56 56 0 92.8 13.86 36.8 8.53 0

Run #2 (--tripinfo-output)
id depart departDelay arrival arrivalSpeed duration timeLoss waitSteps
0 0 0 17.8 13.79 17.8 3.38 0
2 2 0 32.4 13.88 30.4 3.37 0
3 3 0 18.3 13.8 15.3 3.39 0
5 5 0 42.3 13.86 37.3 9.83 27