Re: [sumo-user] help request , please

Hello,
the short answer is: SUMO cannot give you such a dataset.
- sumo requires knowledge about the mobility demands of the whole city population in order to run
- sumo requires detailed knowledge about all parking opportunities in the city in order to simulate parking behavior
- the parking model in sumo has only been tested for small cities with a small number of large parking facilities (100k inhabitants, 15 large parking facilities). The model for finding a free parking lot has not been validated for on-street parking or for large cities
- Jeddah city is at the upper range of the SUMO real-time capabilities. SUMO comes with a faster mesoscopic model included that should be able to handle Jeddah city but this model does not support all parking related functionality

If you are able to limit your enquiry to a smaller portion of the city and if you have access to traffic demand data from city authorities and if you are willing to do quite a bit of manual work when buidling the traffic model and mapping the parking opportunities than you may consider using SUMO for your task.

regards,
Jakob

Dear

good greeting

Iam Bayan . I am a master student .

I need your help please in how can i collect dataset about the parking in jeddah city in saudi arabia  by using SUMO ..

i nedd to generate the dataset and use it in the matlab..

please could you provid me the steps that can help me ?

i hope you  to see and reply my message as soon as possible..

Thank you for your cooperation ..

Regards

Bayan