Re: [sumo-user] Status of mesoscopic simulator

Hi Jan,
we are actively using the mesoscopic simulator all the time, here are
some answers:
1. As long as you don't need to model the pedestrians boarding and
driving, public transport is not different from regular vehicles and
should be handled by the mesoscopic model (meso for short) just as well.
There are some issues with stops where meso currently only evaluates
"duration" but not "until" but this is probably fixed easily.
2. The existing EV model has essentially two parts: the battery model
and the charging stations. The energy consumption can already be modeled
in meso as well but you would probably need to adapt the charging
stations and their interaction with the battery.
3. There are small works on improving meso and there are works on the
battery / charging model as well but currently I know of no effort to
bring the two together, although I consider this a good idea. If you
wish we can try to have a phone call to discuss about how to approach this.

Best regards,
Michael