Re: [sumo-user] Swerving / fishtailing of vehicles when using sublane model

Hello,
I recommend setting a minGapLat value that prevents interaction between
vehicles driving next to each other in the center of their lanes.
To do this, it is sufficient to set  minGapLat <= laneWidth - vehWidthMax
(0.7 in your scenario).

Explanation: the current model ties the actual gap requirement to the
vehicle speeds and when these fluctuate just a little bit, the vehicles
adjust their gaps accordingly.
As the model continues to evolve I may be able to find a better way to
prevent these oscillations so this is not the final word.

regards,
Jakob