Von: Jakob Erdmann [mailto:namdre.sumo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Montag, 7. August 2017 14:55
An: Kaths, Jakob <jakob.kaths@xxxxxx>
Cc: sumo-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [sumo-user] Swerving / fishtailing of vehicles when using sublane model

Thank you for providing the example scenario. The issue (http://sumo.dlr.de/trac.wsgi/ticket/3333) is fixed in revision [25500].
The relevant aspect of your scenario for exposing this problem was a mismatch between lane width, vehicle width and the minGapLat attribute (default 1.0m). In your scenario, the vehicles were unable to maintain their minimum preferred lateral gaps even when driving in the center of their lane. Setting vType attribute minGapLat="0.8" would also mitigate the issue.
regards,
Jakob

I hope I prepared a meaningful and minimal enough example. It can be downloaded here: https://syncandshare.lrz.de/dl/fiMpaoK6ajFTxaMLLcs5czyX/minimal_test_fishtail.zip

For example AB_counter_car.3 leaves the network straight on the second lane, whereas AB_counter_car.27 alternates between 203.88 degrees and 205.86 degrees from step 69.1 on.
The alternating indicators can be seen on some of the trucks. With curved networks and more variable traffic, the effects become more obvious though.

I hope that helps, let me know, if I can provide anything else.

Thanks again

Jakob