Re: [smarthome-dev] Deprecating the Eclipse Forum

>  a mailing list with an web frontend
> Or let's use Google Groups

Well, we already have a mailing list (smarthome-dev and we could create smarthome-user, if we would want that).

But imho mailing lists are not a replacement for a proper forum wrt categorizing, browsing and searching content.
From my experience, it was a HUGE step forward for the openHAB community to move away from Google Groups to Discourse.

If the Eclipse Foundation won’t host any modern forum software such as Discourse, I would rather prefer using Github Issues, although not ideal either.