Re: [science-pmc] Eclipse TeXlipse Termination

Hi all,

Yes, I think terminating the project would be premature. It appears it does have active users (I cannot find any usable download stats), and even a few contributors. It just needs active committers, of which there only have been one since the project was moved to Eclipse.

Substantial effort was done to prepare the project for Eclipse. But I have not been able to do much the past few years. I do little programming, and have not prioritized fixing the few issues we have in TeXlipse. Especially because I don’t use it myself.

I think it would be worthwhile attempting to recruit new committers and revive the project.

Best regards,
Torkild