[recommenders-dev] New student project: Bayesian Networks Engine

Hi,

I'm happy to announce that a new project started today.

As you may know, Code Recommenders is build on a free-to-use but closed source Bayesian Network engine. This license does not allow redistribution from Eclipse nor did the development team allow us to check the code for potential IP violations. This requires us to replace this library.

We started some research to find a suitable replacement but unfortunately all implementations we found were either commercial, for non-commercial-use only, closed-source, or GPL licensed etc. which also prevents us from using them.

Thus, we decided to create a new topic for implementing a free (read EPL or ASL licensed) Bayesian Network Engine -  for which we found an implementor today :-)

Michael will start his work this week. We are looking forward to your implementation :-D

Best,
Marcel
--
Eclipse Code Recommenders: