[ptp-user] [Windows] Case sensitive names and synchronized project

Hello all,

I started to work with new project some time ago and met unexpected issue. Configuration is following:
  1. Linux on remote server (project is built there + this is location of cloned GIT repository).
  2. Windows on my local machine (code is edited here).
  3. Eclipse IDE for Scientific Computing 2020-06 is used, synchronized project was set.
The problem is with directory/symlink names used in project. Some names differ only in letter case. Linux is case sensitive, but Windows isn't, so I had permanent problems with synchronization (some locations were not visible on Windows and then were marked as removed on Linux server side), which probably stopped synchronization. So I have 2 questions:
  1. Is it possible to stop synchronizing symlinks via some settings like exclude filters? I think they could be omitted in my project, but I'm open for better ideas.
  2. Is there any way to enable case sensitive folders in synchronized project via Eclipse? I know, that Windows has such feature (eg. https://www.howtogeek.com/354220/how-to-enable-case-sensitive-folders-on-windows-10/), but it could be problematic to apply this recursively (but it's still possible: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51591091/apply-setcasesensitiveinfo-recursively-to-all-folders-and-subfolders).
I didn't check solution based on cloned GIT repo on local machine (I have GIT for Windows installed), but I would prefer to keep it on remote machine (all my synchronized project based on this assumption).

Best Regards,

Zakłopotany

Back to the top