Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste Proposal (end date = 12/03)

So the Move action is change location plus copy/move the contents from the
old location to the new one. I guess we could combine the "Move" and
"Change Location" together using 1 or 2 options...

At least I understand what the behavior will be now... could we place this
in the doc when it goes out for voting - that is what will Copy+Paste do,
Cut+Paste do, Change Location do, Move do, etc.

Simon :-)

                    "Randy Giffen/OTT/OTI"
                    <Randy_Giffen@xxxxxxx>         To:     platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    platform-ui-dev-admin@e        Subject:     Re: [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy,
                    clipse.org                     Paste Proposal (end date = 12/03)

                    11/28/2001 08:58 AM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-ui-dev

I agree it would be nice to have this as a preference rather than an
action.

However, change location suggests something different from move.
When a project is created, one is able to specify its location. That is,
the location of the root project folder. If the location already exists,
then its contents become the initial contents of the project. Changing the
location of a project suggest one is changing he root project folder, in
other words, retargeting the project to some other root folder.

Move on the other hand actually moves the contents of a project to a new
folder.

   "Simon Arsenault/OTT/OTI"
   <Simon_Arsenault@xxxxxxx>              To:
   Sent by:                       platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
   platform-ui-dev-admin@eclipse.         cc:
   org                                    Subject:        Re:
                                  [platform-ui-dev] RFC: Cut, Copy, Paste
                                  Proposal (end date = 12/03)
   11/27/01 09:23 AM
   Please respond to
   platform-ui-dev

[SA: We should look into removing the Move operation all together from the
Project context menu also. This is an action that will be performed very
rarely, so why clutter the context menu? It would be better if this
operation was done from the Properties dialog. If we are leaving this Move
action, then maybe we could at least change its label to be more specific
what it will be doing e.g "Change Location"]

Back to the top