Re: [platform-dev] New Website

Hi Wim/all,

This is great - and on behalf of the CDT team I am closely following because we will probably do the same for the CDT project.

Some notes based on my experimentation with what you provided:

- I didn't understand step 2 about "process can be tested locally" at first. The link provided was to Jenkins stuff (#how-to-build-my-projects-website-with-jenkins) which I assume is out of scope for "local" builds.
- It turns out that the anchor in the link was probably wrong as your repo [1] has a good getting started for the new repo (s/eclipse/wimjongman/ in the git clone line until it is promoted to eclipse's github org)
- On the build machine hugo 0.81.0 is used (as documented on the wiki[2]) - but the 0.80.0 version that is available as a snap in Ubuntu seems to work fine. If there is a minimum or suggested version that may be good to have in the readme too? Especially for those of us new to the Hugo technology[3]
- If using snap (and you are new to snap installs) make sure you clone the repo into somewhere in your home directory or you get errors when running hugo (like Error: open /var/lib/snapd/void: permission denied)

[1] https://github.com/wimjongman/platform-web/tree/staging/#getting-started
[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Jenkins#How_to_build_my_project.27s_website_with_Jenkins.3F
[3] https://gohugo.io/

Thanks Wim!