Re: [platform-dev] Update policy for SWT 4.8 and 4.9 with respect to Bugs 540762 and 542923

OK, understood, thank you, Dani.

We'll see what happens when the next Windows update in spring comes
along. Best case is that another Windows Insider Update reverts the
change that triggers the bug. If that doesn't happen I guess we're
going to try to warn our customers with applications based on SWT in
advance.

Best regards,
    Greg

"Daniel Megert" <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Greg
>
> We used to have maintenance builds for the last official release. Those are gone because we now release quarterly
> instead of once per year.
>
> There was also the possibility for Long Term Support (LTS), but that died due to lack of interest.
>
> Dani
>
> From:        Gregor Schmid <gschmide@xxxxxx>
> To:        <platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date:        19.12.2018 23:02
> Subject:        [platform-dev] Update policy for SWT 4.8 and 4.9 with respect to        Bugs 540762 and 542923
> Sent by:        platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi,
>
> I just filed bug report 542923 to explain the reasons for the
> previously resolved bug 540762 and why I think that it is more serious
> and needs a proper fix for all OS versions.
>
> One part of this is that SWT 4.8 and 4.9 are likely going to remain
> broken on current Windows Insider Preview versions and generally after
> the next major Windows update some time in spring.
>
> My question for the list is: What's the update policy for such a
> critical issue in older SWT versions. This is going to affect all
> software based on SWT 4.8 and 4.9 on Windows. Are there going to be
> maintenance micro-updates?
>
> In case this is obvious and already documented, please just point me
> there and accept my apologies :-).
>
> Best regards,
>    Greg
> --
> Gregor Schmid
>
> E: gschmide@xxxxxx
> T: +49 8171 38648-11
> F: +49 8171 38648-16
>
> Quality First Software GmbH | www.qfs.de
> Tulpenstr. 41 | 82538 Geretsried | Germany
> GF Gregor Schmid, Dr. Martina Schmid, Karlheinz Kellerer
> HRB München 140833

Gregor Schmid

E: gregor.schmid@xxxxxx
T: +49 8171 38648-11
F: +49 8171 38648-16

Quality First Software GmbH | www.qfs.de
Tulpenstr. 41 | 82538 Geretsried | Germany
GF Gregor Schmid, Dr. Martina Schmid, Karlheinz Kellerer
HRB München 140833

Back to the top