[platform-dev] Update policy for SWT 4.8 and 4.9 with respect to Bugs 540762 and 542923

Hi,

I just filed bug report 542923 to explain the reasons for the
previously resolved bug 540762 and why I think that it is more serious
and needs a proper fix for all OS versions.

One part of this is that SWT 4.8 and 4.9 are likely going to remain
broken on current Windows Insider Preview versions and generally after
the next major Windows update some time in spring.

My question for the list is: What's the update policy for such a
critical issue in older SWT versions. This is going to affect all
software based on SWT 4.8 and 4.9 on Windows. Are there going to be
maintenance micro-updates?

In case this is obvious and already documented, please just point me
there and accept my apologies :-).

Best regards,
    Greg
--
Gregor Schmid

E: gschmide@xxxxxx
T: +49 8171 38648-11
F: +49 8171 38648-16

Quality First Software GmbH | www.qfs.de
Tulpenstr. 41 | 82538 Geretsried | Germany
GF Gregor Schmid, Dr. Martina Schmid, Karlheinz Kellerer
HRB München 140833

Back to the top