I'd prefer it to be optional, because the StyledText might be used in situations where this behavior might be unexpected. IMHO the best approach would be to make it not part of the official StyledText (if possible), but instead implement it to a separate class without the StyledText class knowing about it. If this is not possible, please implement it that way that it needs to be enabled for each StyledText instance individually.

--
Best regards,
Thomas Singer
=============
syntevo GmbH
https://www.syntevo.com
https://www.syntevo.com/blog

On 2018-12-12 21:18, Laurent Caron wrote:
Good evening,

Let me introduce myself: my name is Laurent Caron, and I'm a proud Eclipse
Nebula Committer.

I've worked on a little enhancement for *StyledText *widgets. It mimics the
behaviour of Firefox or Chrome when you click on the wheel button: a circle
with arrows appears and you can navigate through the whole document by
moving you mouse.
(please see encloding video)

This is currently a prototype (code non reviewed and tested on Windows
only), and I'm wondering if this feature could be interesting ?
In this case, should I fill a bug and propose a Pull Request ?

Thank you for your feedback,

Regards,

Laurent