[platform-debug-dev] Adding tabs to launch configuration dialog?

I'm interested in playing with the JVMPI/HPROF support in profiling JDK
applications.  I have some code I wrote a while back that used a Swing
interface for this that I never finished.  Looking at Eclipse, I believe it
would be the perfect model for hosting my simplistic profiling information
(and potentially adding more).  To do this "right" I believe I need to add a
new tab to the standard local java launch config dialog that allows the user
to set profiling preferences for the configuration.  I've tried my hardest
to get a new tab on that dialog, but according to the code I've seen, it
seems the tabs are hardcoded for that dialog.  Is there a way to do this?
I'm confused about what is deprecated versus allowed and none of this is
documented yet.  I see a launch config tabs extension point and a launch
config tab groups extension point.  I'm trying to use the former without any
luck.  It seems like creating a different launch configuration type is
rebuilding the world, since I need all of the "standard" java launch config
stuff as well.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible and what the "correct" way to do it
would be?

Thanks,
Craig

Craig Setera
Sun Certified Java Programmer/Developer/Web Component Developer
Senior Software Architect, Kingland Systems Corporation

Back to the top