[platform-debug-dev] Launch configuration dialog question

I have been trying to create a launch configuration tab that will help the user modify the program arugments for a certian java application.  I would like to incude my tab, along with the java arguments tab so the user can modify the arguments either through my tab or by hand.    My tab provides text entries for certian known arguments on my java application, and when it initializes and applies it values to the configuration it does not remove or modify any arguments that it does not know about.

I have run into a small problem while attempting this and I am hoping somebody can help.  My problem is that if my tab is shown before the java arguments tab then when the user clicks Ok any changes that the user has made to my tab do not get saved to the configuration.  After some inspection I noticed what is happening.  My tab does write out the changes correctly, but since the java tab is called afterwards, the program arugments are overwritten with whatever was on the arguments page last.  This problem will occur for any tab trying to update the same attribute as another tab.

When the Ok button is pressed the launch configuration dialog calls performApply on each of the tabs in order.  However, since performApply is called every time the user moves away from a tab it seems like the tabs that are not visible should never need to be called on the Ok press.  If the launch configuration dialog was changed to only call performApply on the current tab then I don't think that anything would change from the tab point of view, but things like two pages modifying the same attribute would work.

Any comments?

Back to the top