Re: [platform-debug-dev] Extensible set of debug elements

The debug core defines a basic set of "debug model" elements that model artifacts of a programming being debugged. The elements defined in core are common to most languages (i.e. applicable to Java debuggers, C++ debuggers, Cobol debuggers...). However, we want to allow a debugger to create new debug elements when neccessary - in the case that a new debugger requires a concept that the core has not allowed for. Thus, we do not want the core to statically dictate the set of all possible debug elements.

With that said, we also want the core to define elements/concepts thare are common to all debuggers.

I am interested in any feedback you can provide regarding your experience developing a debugger, and what "extensions" you might have made to core that you feel should be part of core debug.

Darin

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-debug-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/22/2001 06:11 PM