[photran] Eclipse Scientific Can't Build helloworld.f90 on macOS Big Sur

I have followed the getting started instructions for the hello world .f90 code but it won't build on my macBook Pro; it appears to me that it can't find gfortran.

Using the default zsh terminal
  'which gfortran' returns /usr/local/bin/gfortran
  'which make' returns /usr/bin/make

This is what build returns

  make all

  Building file: ../hello.f90

  /bin/sh: gfortran: command not found

  Invoking: GNU Fortran Compiler

  gfortran -funderscoring -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o "hello.o" "../hello.f90"

  make: *** [hello.o] Error 127

  "make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

hello.o is not created.

Invoking the gfortran line from the debug folder using terminal works just fine.  Dr. Google has not been helpful.

How can I fix this?

Back to the top