Re: [photran] progress but still problems

I just tried it here with windows.
1. CDT update site - i chose the last in the list, the main CDT update
site.  It seemed to complete OK.
2. Europa discovery site - i chose the last in the list.  v e r y  s l o
w . . .
          got over 50% ... several minutes ... then failed with "Network
connection problems encountered during search
   Network connection problems encountered during search.
     Unable to access "http://update.eclipse.org/updates/3.3";.
       Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.].
       Premature end of file.
       Error parsing site stream. [Premature end of file.].
       Premature end of file."
3. (didn't make it to the 3rd one)

I too have had problems with update sites.
When I do i choose the main site, which i believe is always the last on the
list.  Sometimes it works better. Sometimes not.
I think there have been some problems with corrupt mirrors.
But obviously something else is wrong too.

I retried with the internal IBM mirrors... Got the same problem.
So, network traffic or bad mirrors or something is happening; nothing
specific to Photran.
I tried the same from another very recent version of eclipse (without
Photran) with similar results.

When this happens I usually just download the archive (zip/tar) files and
install it manually (in the plugins and features directory of your eclipse
installation).
Where to get the archives depends on which projects you want to
install/update.  I'd recommend visiting the download sites of the eclipse
projects you're interested in.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

             Michel DEVEL
             <michel.devel@uni
             v-fcomte.fr>                                               To
             Sent by:                  Photran Information
             photran-bounces@e         <photran@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/04/2007 08:00          Re: [photran] progress but still
             AM                        problems

             Please respond to
             michel.devel@univ
                -fcomte.fr;
             Please respond to
                  Photran
                Information
             <photran@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi,
> When you do software updates, find and install, search for new features
> install, what are you picking?

I use Install + the two sites that exist by default (Europa discovery
site and "the eclipse project updates" +
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/europa/
and automatically select mirror (or sometimes not to check)

but it tells me that I get a network connection problem (after reaching
more than 35 %) and that it is
"Unable to access http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/europa/";
I cannot fins any trace of CDT in the categories of the other 2 sites.
--
Sincerely yours, Michel DEVEL