Re: [photran] problem in photran 3.1 (beta)

On 7/25/06, M.R.Hadian <mhadian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 does this version of photran use gcc to compile Fortran codes? (as i know
gcc does not compile Fortran 90.)
 i have Intel Fortran 9 installed on my computer. how i can ask photran to
use it to compile the Fortran code in "Managed Make Fortran Project"?

No, Photran does not use gcc to compile Fortran codes.

Photran compiles programs by running make, which runs whichever
compiler it has been set up for.  "Managed Make" means that the
make-file was created by Photran.  It sounds like "managed make" will
not work for you, so you will need to write your own make-file. When
people port existing projects to Photran, they often have their own
complex make-files and do not want to use managed make. I think the
real question you want to ask is "is Intel Fortran 9 on WIndows
supported at all by Photran"?  If you don't care about managed make,
all that is needed to get Photran to support a new compiler is for
someone to write an error parser for it.

I don't know the answer to this question, or I would answer it.

-Ralph

Back to the top