Re: [paho-dev] Firewall/proxy settings/capability for MQTT

Hi Ian,

The best bet from what I've seen is a SOCKS proxy. http proxies just
won't work. SOCKS proxies pass on basically any tcp connecions. I've
got support for SOCKS5 proxies in mosquitto_pub and _sub in the
mosquitto 1.4 branch if you want to give it a try.

Running "ssh -D 1080 <host>" creates a socks proxy from localhost:1080
to host, assuming you have port forwarding enabled.

There are also ways of wrapping existing code/executables to provide
socks support, but I've not got the links to hand.

Cheers,

Roger