[paho-dev] Firewall/proxy settings/capability for MQTT

Hi All,

I've had a couple of questions in the last year about proxy settings for MQTT connections. There's one right now for the Python client on the Paho forum https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=720281&goto=1552878&#msg_1552878.

I don't know too much about firewalls and proxies, so I'm looking for some help here. Wouldn't the firewall/proxy have to be aware of MQTT to allow this to work? Or will a socks proxy work? Would we have to add anything to the existing client libraries?

Thanks

--
Ian Craggs
Paho Project Lead; Committer on Mosquitto

Back to the top