From:        Ian Craggs <icraggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        General development discussions for paho project <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>, David M Williams/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,
Date:        12/19/2013 07:22 AM
Subject:        To Mentors - how to handle new components from non-committers?

How should we best handle the development of new components from
non-committers?  I've been wondering about this for a while.  Having all
the new code come in via piecemeal contributions seems unwieldy during
the new development phase for a component.

One option of making the developer of a new component a committer seems
counter to the Eclipse approach to appointing committers via a good
track record of contributions.

On the other hand, waiting until a component is complete before
contribution seems counter to the open source spirit.

Perhaps Paho is atypical, being a collection of small, largely
independent components?

Ian Craggs

Back to the top