[paho-dev] To Mentors - how to handle new components from non-committers?

How should we best handle the development of new components from non-committers? I've been wondering about this for a while. Having all the new code come in via piecemeal contributions seems unwieldy during the new development phase for a component.

One option of making the developer of a new component a committer seems counter to the Eclipse approach to appointing committers via a good track record of contributions.

On the other hand, waiting until a component is complete before contribution seems counter to the open source spirit.

Perhaps Paho is atypical, being a collection of small, largely independent components?

Ian Craggs

Back to the top