Re: [paho-dev] Message loss with higher load - eclipse paho mqtt client

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Kasun Weranga <kasungunathilake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:07 PM, Kasun Weranga <kasungunathilake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Roger,

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Roger Light <roger@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Kasun,

My guess is that you're using mosquitto with QoS 1 or 2 messages.
Current versions of mosquitto limit the number of messages a client
can have inflight and queued in both directions. The default limit is
20 inflight and 100 queued. You may wish to increase these limits.

I think that might be the problem. Can you please tell me how can I increase these limits?

Ok got it. Thanks Roger. I'll try this.

Yes, It was the issue :)

Thanks,
Kasun.

Thanks,
Kasun.

There is also a valid argument that the client should limit the
incoming message rate and the server should just accept what is being
sent.

Cheers,

Roger

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 6:50 AM, Kasun Weranga