Re: [paho-dev] On Paho's opinionated URI validation

Since the Paho project is going to host some interop tests and is looking to be a reference implementation (AIUI, and I'm one of the leads *grin*) then I certainly wouldn't see it as an issue for us to propose a short spec on this and have others sign up to it if they feel able to. I think I know at least 2 other projects who might want to support this :-)

Still a bit concerned about the "MQTT-S" vs mqtts:// thing but if it is well documented (and -S becomes -SN) then we can make that work too.