Re: [paho-dev] MQTT C Shared Library Names

OK. That all sounds good to me.

On 11/01/2013 05:40 AM, Ian Craggs wrote:
Yes, the Makefile for Linux follows the Linux GCC versioning conventions (http://l4u-00.jinr.ru/usoft/WWW/HOWTO/GCC-HOWTO-6.html).

Currently, the shared library versions are 1.0.  I'd thought about having the version be 3.0 to match the MQTT version.  But in that case it ought to be 3.1.  And the proposed OASIS standard protocol version is 3.1.1.  In that case we might need library version numbers with like 3.1.1.0.  I came to the conclusion that this would lead to expectations of library version numbers which were not quite true, and thence confusion.

Ian

Back to the top