Re: [paho-dev] Paho plans

Hi Scott,

> I suppose that this is more a question for Mosquitto than for Paho...but
> since Mosquitto is a project proposal I suppose I should ask it here:   If
> Mosquitto doesn't integrate with OSGi runtimes...or Eclipse...in any
> way...would it make sense to host the project at Eclipse?

A good question to raise. The Eclipse Foundation "About" page makes no
mention of Java or OSGi :) It does talk in terms of building
frameworks for building and maintaining software, but my impression is
that with the M2M side of thing the powers that be have a desire for a
broader approach on the technology front. It's without a doubt true
that a big part of how EF works is down to the IDE, and that feels a
bit odd when the C and Python that I'm interested do have nothing to
do with the IDE, but I think that's just one of those things. If it
genuinely was the opinion that it wouldn't make sense to host the
project at Eclipse, then fair enough, no hard feelings, but I don't
think that is the case. It just fits less under the IDE umbrella than
the M2M umbrella, which is by its nature a bit of a different beast.

Ponte and Paho (Java client notwithstanding; there are C, Lua, Python
and Javascript as well) are other projects that are non-OSGi/Java
related.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top