Re: [paho-dev] Paho plans

Hi Scott

Thanks for joining the list. All good questions!

From an ECF perspective I would expect that the Paho Java client would be a natural place to start, too. It certainly fits in with the rest of the foundation technologies in ECF.

There is indeed a Mosquitto project proposal, which combines contributions from IBM's RSMB with Roger Light's mosquitto broker. Both of those are written in C for small embedded devices and can be compiled with footprints less than < 100k. I don't think there's currently any expectation that the new project would provide Java / OSGi-bundle servers.

There has been repeated interest in an OSGi-based open source MQTT server (I think both Eurotech and IBM have an interest and experience here, but we have no implementation as part of the Paho or any other M2M IWG project right now, and I think many people would welcome that development.

We do have nightly builds of the Paho client in Maven - https://repo.eclipse.org/content/repositories/paho-snapshots/ - but not a p2 repo AFAIK - Al may be able to share plans for how we formally move the builds into a more accessible format for you.

Andy