Re: [paho-dev] Contribution of MQTT Servers (Mosquitto and RSMB)

I can do that. If another server implementation in another language (such as Java) were contributed, would that be another project? If so, this project proposal should say that the implementation language is C, and leave open the possibility of other MQTT servers.

The original goal of RSMB was to be as small as feasible, to fit where a JVM wouldn't go. Are we happy to keep KISS as a principle? I can't imagine anyone would object (Oh no, we want bloatware!)

Ian

On 07/16/2013 06:27 PM, Mike Milinkovich wrote:
I guess Ian Craggs needs to add RSMB content as the next step?

-----Original Message-----
From: paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Roger Light
Sent: July-16-13 12:52 PM
To: General development discussions for paho project
Subject: Re: [paho-dev] Contribution of MQTT Servers (Mosquitto and RSMB)

Hi Mike,

It appears that this was drafted before your discussions with Ian
about also bringing RSMB into the same project?
That is correct.

Would it perhaps make sense to move this document to a wiki or a
Google Doc so that others can also edit it?
Yes, I've put it in a google doc that anybody with the link should be able
to edit:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VQ9bCsJ_XYL9-
y10CnE9ApjyPl7y4iYh_TTf5GQDDsU/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,

Roger