Re: [paho-dev] MQTT <-> REST+websocket mapping

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:38 PM, Dave Locke <locke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The MQTT JavaScript client referred to in Leif's blog post implements the
> MQTT specification over  WebSockets. It is a full implementation of the MQTT
> spec (binary format not JSON) and works in modern web browsers that support
> RFC 6455.
>
> This is something that IBM are happy to contribute to Paho
> extending the set of MQTT client libraries / language bindings.

When that happens I may retire mosquitto.js. It works fine, but as a
"my first javascript" project, I'm sure that any other attempt will be
better.

For anyone wanting to see MQTT over WebSockets in action, there's a
nice demo at: http://www.hardill.me.uk/wordpress/2012/11/08/d3-mqtt-topic-tree-visualiser/
I presume it's still working, I can't check from here.

Cheers,

Roger

Back to the top