Re: [paho-dev] Paho Project call this Tuesday 19th - lots of topics...

MQTT was not registered as a trademark and is not an IBM unregistered trademark i.e. IBM claims no rights to it.  The original intent with MQTT, it was intended to be as open as it can possibly be.  Per earlier post suggest the IANA renaming should take place once the OASIS standardisation process has made progress.

All the best
Dave

From:        "Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "'General development discussions for paho project'" <paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Cc:        "'Benjamin Cabé'" <kartben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:        17/03/2013 18:24
Subject:        Re: [paho-dev] Paho Project call this Tuesday 19th - lots of        topics...
Sent by:        paho-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure if the Paho project discussion is the right place to resolve this, but the meta-issue at play with the IANA port renaming is that no one seems to be very clear on who owns the MQTT trademark. By default, I assume that’s IBM. Or maybe IBM and Eurotech. Or maybe Andy S-C and Arlen Nipper. It would sure be nice to have a definitive answer to that. Then we can next decide on what we want to see for the future.

paho-dev mailing list
paho-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx