[paho-dev] M3DA opensource java server

Hi,

I'm Julien Vermillard from Sierra Wireless, I'm a software guy working mainly
on the server side communication stack. On a side side note I'm also a member
of the Apache Software foundation (mainly working on Apache MINA).

We started opensourcing our M3DA (Micro M2M Data Access) software stack.

The M3DA is a secure, structured and bandwidth-efficient protocol for exchanging
data between a M2M device and a server over the air.

M3DA is the protocol actually mainly used by Mihini for pushing captured data to
a M2M server.

General introduction to M3DA :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/images/1/16/M3DAPresentation.pdf

The full specification :
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/M3DA_Specification

The reference embedded client code is in the Eclipse incubating Mihini project
http://www.eclipse.org/mihini and the java server software is there:
https://github.com/SierraWireless/m3da-server

This M3DA server implementation is working, we plan to use it for the
EclipseCon Mihini tutorial.

We tried to keep the dependencies minimal and IP clean (in the Eclipse way) as
much as possible.

Some features are yet to be opened : HTTP transport and security mainly for IP
cleaning issues (we need to get rid of some dependencies) but we hope to
contribute them soon.

Since Mihini scope is more embedded M2M application framework I don't feel this
contribution could fit in.

>From what I understand of the Paho project scope, it's not tied to only MQTT as
protocol and we wonder if it would make sense for the Paho project to accept
this M3DA java server as a contribution ?

Julien

Back to the top