Re: [p2-dev] Could not locate the running profile instance...

I haven't seen any bugs go by like this, and that build is working fine for me on windows. I'd start by checking if those two properties are present in config.ini. Please enter a bug for it.

Chris Aniszczyk <zx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/17/2009 01:48 PM

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[p2-dev] Could not locate the running profile instance...

Anything happen with the recent M2 candidate? I launch Eclipse now and get this when I try to bring up the p2 ui:

eclipse.buildId=I20090917-0100
java.version=1.6.0_15
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Thu Sep 17 12:45:26 CDT 2009
Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.

org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.ProvisionException: Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.ProvSDKUIActivator.getSelfProfileId(ProvSDKUIActivator.java:170)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.PreloadingRepositoryHandler.execute(PreloadingRepositoryHandler.java:49)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)

Any ideas before I start diving into a debugging session?

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465

http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk_______________________________________________