[p2-dev] Could not locate the running profile instance...

Anything happen with the recent M2 candidate? I launch Eclipse now and get this when I try to bring up the p2 ui:

eclipse.buildId=I20090917-0100
java.version=1.6.0_15
java.vendor=Apple Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=cocoa, NL=en_US
Framework arguments:  -keyring /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86 -keyring /Users/chrisaniszczyk/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Error
Thu Sep 17 12:45:26 CDT 2009
Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.

org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.core.ProvisionException: Could not locate the running profile instance. The eclipse.p2.data.area and eclipse.p2.profile properties may not be set correctly in this application's config.ini file.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.ProvSDKUIActivator.getSelfProfileId(ProvSDKUIActivator.java:170)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.ui.sdk.PreloadingRepositoryHandler.execute(PreloadingRepositoryHandler.java:49)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:294)

Any ideas before I start diving into a debugging session?

Cheers,

--
Chris Aniszczyk | EclipseSource Austin | +1 860 839 2465
http://twitter.com/eclipsesource | http://twitter.com/caniszczyk

Back to the top