Re: [p2-dev] Automatic Proxy detection, a feature or a security issue?

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:41 AM, Paul
Webster<pwebster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about using the director app and uninstall the fragment before
> you roll out: http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/guide/p2_director.html
>
> It should leave the core.net stuff there but remove the native ability.

My own experiments with  this didn't go so well:

bash$ ./eclipse -noSplash -application org.eclipse.equinox..director
-uninstallIU org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86 -destination $(pwd)
-profile SDKProfile
Uninstalling org.eclipse.core.net.linux.x86 1.1.0.I20081021.
Operation completed in 4622 ms.

Looks pretty good, eh?

Starting up that eclipse instance, the core.net.linux fragment is
still there, and it has been moved to a top level "feature" in the
installation dialog beside my product.

That's not the "Operation completed" I was looking for :-)

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR