From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Carsten Nikiel
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 2:35 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: RE: [p2-dev] How to install the launcher during
theinitialprovisioning

Hi Helmut,

please do not laugh, but I can now create a launcher again.
The only thing I did was to create an empty product configuration, e.g.
one that was not based on the application I created form the template.

Anyway here is the way to reproduce it (for everything I used the
default settings, NOTHING was changed):
1) Create a new workspace
2) Create a new product based on the RCP Mail Template
3) Create a product configuration with an empty product configuration
4) Make sure the "..native launcher artifacts" is checked
5) Choose the RCPMail product and the application from the newly created
plugin
6) In the "Dependencies" tab I selected the new plugin and used "add
required plugins"
7) Used the "Eclipse Product export wizard" to export everything to a
directly that I can access from my web server.

Once finished I start a small bat file that contains this:

c:\programme\eclipse\eclipse.exe -application
org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director ^ -metadataRepository
http://localhost/Test/repository ^ -artifactRepository
http://localhost/Test/repository ^ -installIU RCPMail ^ -destination
C:\Temp\Test ^ -bundlePool C:\Temp\Test ^ -profile profile ^
-profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true ^ -p2.os
win32 ^ -p2.ws win32 ^ -p2.arch x86 ^ -consoleLog ^ -roaming ^ -debug ^
-vmargs ^ -Dosgi.noShutdown=true

This installs all plugins but not the launcher and I have no idea how to
do that.
These steps should be reproducable, if not please let me know.

Thanks for the help and cheers,

CarsteN