Re: [p2-dev] Nested repositories and backward compatibility

It's OK for us if the if the original installer is based on 3.5 but we want the profile that is targeted to be usable (and maintainable) from a 3.4 platform. I guess we could add a compatibility fragment that would install the referenced repositories in place of the nested one. Can you see anything that would block such an approach?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Pascal Rapicault wrote:

We have no plan to add the support for composite repositories in 3.4.x since this is new work and it still needs some polish (it just got committed a bit before Christmas).
Also the code for those repos is located in the repository bundles and as such it can not simply be deployed in 3.4 install without patching it with new bundles, unless of course you are willing to take the create new bundles out of the code for use in 3.4.

HTH

Inactive hide details for Thomas Hallgren ---01/17/2009 06:28:05 PM---Hi, In an earlier discussion about repository aggregationThomas Hallgren ---01/17/2009 06:28:05 PM---Hi, In an earlier discussion about repository aggregation, Pascal mentioned

Thomas Hallgren <thomas@xxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/17/2009 06:28 PM

[p2-dev] Nested repositories and backward compatibility

Hi,
In an earlier discussion about repository aggregation, Pascal mentioned
that p2 now supports nested repositories. We would like to exploit that,
at least for the ArtifactRepositories that we make available but that
begs the question; what happens with backward compatibility with Eclipse
3.4.x? Will nested repositories be made available in 3.4.2? If not, will
there be some way to install them into a profile using a 3.5 installer
so that they can be used by Eclipse 3.4.x?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren