[p2-dev] Nested repositories and backward compatibility

Hi,
In an earlier discussion about repository aggregation, Pascal mentioned that p2 now supports nested repositories. We would like to exploit that, at least for the ArtifactRepositories that we make available but that begs the question; what happens with backward compatibility with Eclipse 3.4.x? Will nested repositories be made available in 3.4.2? If not, will there be some way to install them into a profile using a 3.5 installer so that they can be used by Eclipse 3.4.x?

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top