Re: [osbp-dev] Status of OSBP development

Ralf/Nick/all,

Thanks for the update (Ralf). There has been no contribution at all to OSBP for many months now. Do you expect that to change and why does the Eclipse Foundation move to the EU affect your ability to contribute more?

Yes there are several "Walking Dead" at Apache as well, while it also pushes projects into archiving and termination quickly that got much more actively used after leaving Apache (just look at OpenDDR😇) but it obviously got some darlings that are more dead than alive for many years like Geronimo and others, which only serve scavengers but have no real value of their own.

I have not directly worked with either, but from a couple of DemoCamps I know a bit about Eclipse Scout which now exists in version 11 already: https://www.eclipse.org/scout/
The aim is "Business Applications Made Easy" so it seems to go in a similar direction.
Another example of "Low Code" for business applications would RapidClipse: https://www.rapidclipse.com/ also among the organizers of JCON conference with specialized XDEV days, therefore I know it is active and seems to have a certain community plus it also released version 10.x now. Both seem active and based on Eclipse with either RCP applications or Web frontends using Node/Angular or Vaadin (RapidClipse) usually based on a common set of services, depending on which is your preferred environment.

Regards,

Werner