Re: [omr-dev] Help needed - what is wrong with this IL?

Hi Mark,

On 27 June 2018 at 22:32, Mark Stoodley <mstoodle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dibyendu wrote:
> > I found the issue in my code...
>
> I was just about to postulate that some other node had been created with n161n as its child (thereby increasing its ref count) but somehow that parent node was never added to a tree in the method.

Yes indeed that is what seems to have happened. Basically right after
creating the EQ node, I was creating an NE node and returning that
instead of the EQ node. I guess the error message made me think I had
a problem of node being used across blocks ... and since that wasn't
the case I couldn't see what was wrong. Obviously when I stepped
through the Node::Create() call I saw correct op code being generated,
and stopped there rather than continuing - if I had done that I would
have seen the missing break.

In the process though I found out more about the cmp op codes which is great.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu

Back to the top