Re: [om2m-dev] Question on LWM2M to OneM2M mapping

Hi Guillaume,

Thank you for taking time looking at this.

I have seen this and I see that there are two ways of doing this. Please let me know if I am correct.

My summary is that for LWM2M IPE, for each Object Instance, we create a <Container> with a set of <ContentInstance> that is either an encapsulation or a defined content-type. If the encapsulation is used, then all the attributes are stored in one shot; if the defined-content-type is used, then for each attribute, we need to create a <ContentInstance>…   Here are the details: please review and confirm that my understanding is correct…

I am actually thinking to create a content instance for each attribute.

>From TS0001:

following are termed "Content Sharing Resources" in oneM2M Specifications for the purpose of referring to any of those resource types:

· container; · contentInstance; · flexContainer; · timeSeries; · timeSeriesInstance.

The <contentInstance> resource represents a data instance in the <container> resource. The content of the contentInstance can be encrypted. Unlike other resources, the <contentInstance> resource shall not be modified once created.

content

Actual content of a contentInstance. This content may be opaque data for understandable with the help of the contentInfo. This may, for example, be an image taken by a security camera, or a temperature measurement taken by a temperature sensor.

>From TS0005:

6.5 LWM2M Server Interactions

>From TS0014:

The present document limits Content Sharing Resources to <container> and <contentInstance> resources

In the scenarios depicted in Figure 5.1-1, the Hybrid and LWM2M Applications represent applications that implement the LWM2M Client role defined in the LWM2M Protocol

LWM2M IPEs provide the following types of interworking:

1) Interworking using the Content Sharing Resource for transparent transport of encoded LWM2M Objects that are available to AEs as depicted in Figure 5.3-1.

2) Interworking with full mapping of the semantics of LWM2M Objects to semantically enabled resources that are available to AEs as depicted in Figure 5.3-2.

The LWM2M IPE participation in the LWM2M Protocol as described in clause 5 does so in the role of a LWM2M Server to which LWM2M Applications (LWM2M Clients) interact. As a LWM2M Server, the IPE provides the following Architecture Aspects based on the LWM2M Protocol Aspects described in clause A.2:

· LWM2M Device and Endpoint Lifecycle (Client Registration).

· LWM2M Object Discovery (Client Registration, Device Management and Service Enablement).

· LWM2M Object Transport and Interworking (Device Management and Service Enablement).

· LWM2M Object Subscription and Notification (Information Reporting).

· LWM2M Interworking Proxy Entity Administration.

· LWM2M Client Provisioning (Bootstrap).

6.3.2 LWM2M Object Identifier Representation

For example the LWM2M Client could provide the following list of paths: </1/0>, </1/1>, </2/0>, </2/1>, </3/0>, </4/0>, </5>. This list of paths is a valid list of LWM2M Objects and LWM2M Object Instances in the CoRE Link Format [RFC6690], specifying that LWM2M Objects with OMNA Identifiers 1, 2, 3,4, and 5 are supported. The respective OMNA references are : urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:1, urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:2, urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:3, urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:4, urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:5.

Additionally, information is provided that LWM2M Object 1 (Server Object) and LWM2M Object 2 (Access Control Object) have 2 instances (Instance Identifiers 0 and 1); LWM2M Object 3 (Device Object) and LWM2M Object 4 (Connectivity Monitoring Object) have 1 instance each (0); LWM2M Object 5 is supported but no instance has been created yet for that LWM2M Object.

if the LWM2M Endpoint provided the following LWM2M Objects as part of the Client Registration Interface: </lwm2m>;rt="oma.lwm2m";ct=LWM2M+JSON,</1/0> would translate into a <container> resource with the following entries in the labels attribute: Iwked-Technology:LWM2M Iwked-Entity-Type:”urn:oma:lwm2m:oma:1” LWM2MPTH:"/lwm2m" Iwked-Entity-ID: "/1/0" Iwked-Content-Type:LWM2M+JSON

6.4.2.2 Relevant Interworked Resource Settings

A LWM2M Object Instance is represented in oneM2M as a Content Sharing Resource with 2 direct children resource types: a <subscription> resource and a <contentInstance> resource when used with a <container> resource.

Step 003.1.1: On receiving the event of type 'E' (eventType 'E') the IPE performs a LWM2M READ request on the Object Instance of the targeted LWM2M Client.

Step 003.1.2: Once the targeted Object Instance is available to IPE, the IPE creates and populates with that data the <contentInstance> child-resource of the requested <container> resource.

Step 003.2: On receiving the event of type 'C' the IPE – via the Mca reference point – get the data from the created <contentInstance> resource and propagates the updated data to the related Object Instance in the LWM2M Client.

Table 7.2-1: Transparent Interworking Function Mapping Interworking Function Mapping

oneM2M Resource Attribute

Indication that a LWM2M Object or Object Instance is encapsulated in the <contentInstance> resource with the content type and encoding of the LWM2M Object or Object Instance.

<contentInstance> resource: labels. Value is "LWM2M-Object-Encapsulation"

The content type of the LWM2M Object or Object Instance based on the Content-Type option

<contentInstance>: contentInfo. Possible contentInfo values are translated from the LWM2M Content-Type option (see note).

NOTE: The LWM2M Technical Specification [3] defines the value to be used for the [encoding] if the Content-Type option is not present.