Re: [mylyn-dev] Do we really need the .classpath/.project/.settings files in git?

Hello,

> Do we really need the .classpath/.project/.settings files in git?

Yes, we do. Because these manifests keep a lot of useful information that is not fully supported by each particular tool.

@George
For tasks like this one could consider textual search/replace in the repository root

In your case I would expect the following resources to be affected:
* MANIFEST.MF (for BREE)
* .classpath (for JRE libs)
* .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs (for compiler settings)

Regards,
AF

Back to the top