Re: [mosquitto-dev] mosquitto.conf - subscribed topics using MQTT protocol 5

Hi Roger,

Many thanks for providing the video to use as a reference. By setting the value of persistence to 'true' at the broker configuration, the subscribed topics are retained.
Here are few questions w.r.t the configuration and behaviour:
- W.r.t mosquitto.conf available the default protocols are only set to 3 & 3.1.1. In the shared m.conf, the configuration of the protocol is not available. Is this ok? Shouldn't the protocol be explicitly set to support 3.1.1 & 5?

- Use of persistence on broker and clean start/clean session - I use paho_mqtt_c client to communicate with mosquitto. If 'persistence = true' in m.conf, is the value set from the client ignored? I observe that when 'persistence' is set to true, setting clean start = true/false doesn't change the behaviour. The subscribers are always stored. Is this expected?

Thanks,
Bindu