[mosquitto-dev] .Net Windows sample running in different machine does not work

I was testing a .net windows sample for MQTT found at https://www.hemelix.com/automation/structured-text-mqtt/. The sample works fine on the same machine (the same application is publisher and subscriber ) but if I try to run the same application from two different computers (one as publisher and another as subscriber) it does not work. The sample is using test.mosquitto.org as a broker. Are there any settings that I should use so the client running on a different computer can receive the data?

Client ID is generated in the following way so that should be unique.

clientId = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();
client.Connect(clientId);

Back to the top