Re: [microprofile-wg] [DISCUSS] MicroProfile 7.0 Ballot verbiage straw poll

> On May 19, 2023, at 12:12 PM, reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> I have to disagree and the points of disagreement are in the document comments.
>
> I don’t think there is any particular need to release MicroProfile concurrently with a Jakarta EE Core Profile release.

I think this is one of those situations where if we don’t agree on the problem, we can’t agree on solutions.

The problem statement of the document is to allow a Jakarta EE Core Profile release to have MicroProfile certification on or very soon after (days or weeks, but not months) the Jakarta EE release.

> The reality is that adoption takes a while in the ecosystem. It’s perfectly fine if a corresponding MicroProfile release happens a few months later. Similarly, runtimes can certify against either Jakarta EE Core and MicroProfile congruent with their product priorities.
>
> Personally, I think Open Liberty is a great example to aspire to.

Open Liberty did not ship a Jakarta EE Core Profile release for the Jakarta EE 10 vote, so is not an example that applies to the problem statement as written.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Back to the top